When it comes to office refurbishments, new build fit-outs, or existing office upgrades, we naturally get a lot of questions on the process. Here are some of the most common questions and we hope you find the answers helpful. Please get in touch with the Office Options team via phone, email or the online chat service for any further information you require.
What does office refurbishment mean?
An office refurbishment is a redesign or renovation of your current office space. This could be to improve operational efficiency, rebrand the space, upgrade the fixtures and decor, or to improve the working environment. The benefits include motivating staff and improving staff retention, and to create a workplace that will attract and impress clients.
Can my office be refurbished without disrupting my business?
Yes, of course! Here at Office Options, we provide a workplace consultancy and project management service, where we work with you to minimise any disruption to your business. We provide you with the benefit of a single point of contact for all aspects of your refurbishment project, leaving you free to concentrate on running your business and those priorities.
What does an office refurbishment involve?
An office refurbishment from Office Options involves three main stages.
Design – we design and present a comprehensive refurbishment package to you, including:
- Free consultation
- Workplace assessment and site survey
- Style and scheme creation
- Space planning, 3D CAD floor-plans and visualisations
- Package presentation to Client Management Team
Develop – we collaborate with you to develop the concept further:
- Project research and development
- Agile working schemes
- Sustainability and lifecycle solutions
- Finance and lease options
- Materials and finishes selection
Deliver – we coordinate, deliver and install the office refurbishment:
- All inclusive delivery and installation packages
- Full project management package including CDM and H&S
- Building regulations and contractor coordination
- Product and space training
- Full warranty back-up and comprehensive aftercare
Our experienced project managers will:
- Guide you through the initial concept, budget and design stage – including any necessary Building Control approval
- Manage the construction and furniture installation teams
- Take care of challenges and distractions, providing you with a fixed project cost agreed in advance
Do my staff need to leave the office during a refurbishment?
This is solely dependent on your specific working situation. If the project is for a brand new office space that has not yet moved the team in, then the answer is no and the project has the possibility of being completed that little bit quicker.
However, if the refurbishment is for an existing office then we would try to work around your team and minimise any disruption to your business as much as possible. Occasionally your staff may need to leave the office during a refurbishment, but this will be taken into consideration when your project manager assesses the project and communicated clearly with you to allow for advance planning.
Who carries out an office refurbishment?
Ahead of your project, we will assign a single point of contact to your refurbishment project, and they will manage the team assigned to different tasks, including surveyors, interior designers and carpenters.
Your project manager will also manage the construction and furniture installation teams, so you can rest assured that the process is in good hands from start to finish.
Can an office refurbishment improve staff productivity?
Improving the office environment for your team can absolutely improve staff productivity, as well as motivation and wellbeing. It is often one of the key reasons why businesses go ahead with an office refurbishment.
A well-designed workplace can boost your mood, group necessary teams together, recognise goals and objectives and provide ‘down time’ for those who need a breather.
Do you have an office fit-out checklist or something I can use for inspiration?
Head over to our blog post to learn more about an office fit-out and what it requires, but in the meantime here are a few steps for you to think about when deciding to start the process:
- Defining why you need to redesign and reconfigure the office space
- Appointing a team that’s representative of the whole business
- Speaking to an experienced office fit-out company like Office Options
- Deciding internally on the type of space that would suit your business
- Agreeing on a budget for the fit-out
- Selecting the right furniture for the new environment
- Supporting staff to move in and get settled
Why should I choose Office Options?
Office Options have over 15 years of experience in the commercial, educational and healthcare interiors fit-out sectors. We believe in providing our clients with the complete package service and total peace of mind: a one-stop-shop for inspirational work environments.
Reliability and accountability is paramount to our service: each client is assigned to a single account manager who coordinates all aspects of a project, and who is able to draw on the skills and expertise of the team and specialist contractors as required.
We have vast experience in all areas of office fit-out and refurbishments, including:
- Installing partitioning & glass walls
- Suspended ceilings
- Mechanical & electrical services
- Plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning services
- Toilet & washroom installations
- Kitchen installations
- H&S management, Building Regulations approval applications
- Window blinds installation, window frosting & manifestation
- Storage wall installation
- Bespoke receptions and furniture design and installation
We look forward to taking care of your project on your behalf.